Azimut-Benetti is Europe’s leading boatyard (third worldwide) with a production value of 738 million Euro. The average annual increase of production value over the last ten years is 25%, and the forecast of the yearly production value for 2006/2007 is 785 million Euro. About 2500 people work for the Group AB, which also offers work to about four thousand people involved in the economic activities driven by this industry. All the work carried out will be carried out by the beneficiary and no third parties or affiliates will be involved in the project.
The Group includes the following subsidiaries, although none are within Europe and so none will work in the project:
- AZIMUT: shipyard – planning boats from 35' to 116'
- ATLANTIS: shipyard - planning boats from 35' to 55'
- BENETTI: shipyard - displacing mega yachts from 24m to 70m
- Fraser Yachts Worldwide: a service provider for large yachts
- Marinas and real estates: management trust of Varazze, Livorno and Moscow marinas
- AB’s R&D Department main fields of activities are:
- Preliminary project and feasibility analysis of composite and steel yachts
- Yacht Prototypes project and building
- Structural analysis through FEA software (MSC Patran-Nastran)
- Experimental analysis of materials
- Hydro and Aerodynamics studies through CFD software (STAR-CCM)
- Seas trials and on board measurements to evaluate boat performance
- Systems and plants design and development (hydraulic, air-conditioning, electrical, electronic,computer technologies)
Dr Carlo Ighina
details available soon
Mr Cungi Alessandro